We are seeking an Associate to join our dynamic Labor & Employment Practice Group.
The Associate will be working on litigation, administrative charges, investigations, advice and counsel, and traditional labor (many of the employers we represent are unionized). This position provides significant experience working directly with clients on a variety of legal issues.
- Candidates must possess strong writing skills with the ability to write succinctly, strong research skills, ability to prioritize, and the ability to work individually as well as collaboratively.
- Three to five years of exclusively labor & employment experience required.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with employment litigation, including taking and defending depositions, making court appearances, drafting dispositive motions, and handling discovery.
- Experience providing advice and counsel and reviewing and drafting employee handbooks/policies.
- Experience with traditional labor in the public or private sector (i.e. experience with handling discipline, terminations, and policy changes in unionized environment; experience responding to unfair practice charges and assisting with collective bargaining).
- Experience with wage and hour issues and class actions.
Please submit your resume, law school transcript, and a writing sample to Sally Bondi at email@example.com. The writing sample should be the applicant’s own work and should demonstrate the applicant’s ability to write succinctly. Applicants must be admitted to the California Bar.