We are looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal to work for our amazing firm. At Bartko Zankel Bunzel & Miller we value each employee’s contribution, time, and talents. Here, you will be seen and heard, respected, and rewarded. Our paralegals are smart, dedicated, passionate, and critical to our success. You will have an opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with unparalleled team support. We value work-life balance, recognition, and true collaboration. In addition, we offer hybrid schedules, a generous benefits package, flex time, profit sharing, quarterly attendance bonuses, access to free mental health and financial counseling through our EAP, and annual bonuses (and sometimes bi-annual bonuses) that are at or above market.
The challenging and interesting duties you will have:
- Draft legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts, and legal memoranda.
- Organize, analyze, cross-check and validate the information.
- Identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material.
- Perform legal and factual research.
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Must have the ability to identify and assess risk and communicate effectively with internal team members, business partners, and outside counsel.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Must have trial experience.
- Five years of current and relevant experience in complex litigation.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal rules.
- The ability to work with attorneys in all phases of litigation including pre-trial and trial.
- The ability to provide assistance to attorneys and teams with all aspects of case management, including the discovery process; trial preparation; case investigation; tracking and communicating case-related dates and information; database maintenance; and the review and preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Paralegal certificate or attestation required.
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, practices, laws, and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Dependable, responsible, and possess the ability to work independently and remain diplomatic when dealing with all Firm personnel.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are expected.
Join our firm and be treated like the Rock Star that you are!
Vaccination Requirement: We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus. Applicants who wish to apply for a medical or religious accommodation or any other legally required accommodation may do so. However, accommodations are not guaranteed and are decided on a case-by-case basis. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of vaccination and booster or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.