Electronic Discovery Practice (eDiscovery)
BartkoZankel’s eDiscovery practice group evolved out of many years of intensive antitrust and complex commercial litigation with vast ESI (electronically stored information) needs. To counter the high costs of ESI discovery, the firm developed proven and comprehensive document control and review practices that reduces client costs.
By combining informed legal representation with an experienced and technically sophisticated litigation practice support division, BartkoZankel has been able to control client ESI costs in a manner that keeps them proportional to the dispute.
BartkoZankel counsel stay abreast of eDiscovery developments and our highly skilled litigation support staff has won a national award for technology at trial. We oversee onshore, offshore and client-managed document reviews, with a scalable talent pool. The practice support division has also on a selective basis been engaged directly by other law firms and businesses.
Defense of Major Credit Card Company
- Collect, process and review terabytes of ESI from over 250 custodians with a production deadline of 55 days.
- Implemented appropriate team and technology, including:
- Undertook 24-hour project management.
- Grouped email strings with custodian mailstores to speed review.
- Deduplicated ESI to make review efficient.
- Undertook complex searches for responsiveness and privilege.
Criminal Anti-Trust Trial
- Collect and process ESI from mixed media.
- Identify key document sets for issue tagging.
- Prepare and present critical trial evidence.
- Utilize a combination of imaging, OCR and auto coding.
- Extract metadata and text utilizing sampling techniques to determine sources containing key information.
- Implement technology for presenting ESI at trial, which work won a national award.
AMLAW 100 Firm Bankruptcy
- Preserve, Collect, Identify, Process, Review and Produce 100′s of Terabytes of Data, from 1,600 DLT tapes, 11 MS Exchange Servers, 18 File Servers, 11 Interwoven Databases, 4 Custom Accounting Systems, a Custom Legal Key Database, 400 PCS,100 Laptops and 1000′s of random CDs/DVDs.
- Used email threading, near duplication identification, concept searching and clustering for effective review.
- Utilized offshore review center to cost-effectively implement first tier review.
- Implemented an integrated, concurrent review process to maximize efficiency. eDiscovery consulting.
- Our eDiscovery specialists offer expertise in litigation holds, data preservation, data collection and processing inspired by the stringent federal rules.
Investigatory Document Review.
By taking advantage of increased connectivity, lower costs for data hosting and recent improvements in web-based document review, we’re able to offer cost effective solutions, including our tested and secure offshore review facilities.
Interactive Client Participation.
By integrating all steps of the process, we facilitate client participation in the project design and implementation, so as to provide a dynamic product for access and use throughout the case.
News and Publications
- In-House vs. Outsourcing: What’s the Best Method to Streamline Your Company’s e-Discovery Processes?
Westlaw Journal: Medical Devices
- BP Suits to Show Challenge of Taming Discovery
National Law Journal
- BZresources Helps Win Law Technology News Award
- Discovery Lessons
- The Last Man Standing
Law Technology News
- Defending ‘The Last Man Standing’
- Legal Outsourcing Gains Fans, Expected to Continue to Grow
by Sarah Randazzo, Daily Journal
To learn more or schedule a meeting, contact J. Eric Bartko at 415.956.1900 or send us an email at email@example.com.